Who are millennials & how do you market to them? 3 insights to improve shopper marketing to this generation.
Millennials have a bad reputation, but they are often misunderstood. You might have heard general descriptors such as lazy, narcissistic, and entitled. Maybe you even read Time magazine’s The ME ME ME Generation by Joel Stein who said, Whether you think millennials are the new greatest generation of optimistic entrepreneurs or a group of 80 million people about to implode in a dwarf star of tears when their expectations are unmet depends largely on how you view change.
You Need to Know These 33 Shocking Walmart & Shopper Marketing Facts
1. About 44% of Americans (140 Million) shop at Walmart’s U.S. stores each week.
2. 90% of all Americans live within 10 miles of a Walmart.
3. Vermont Tried To Keep Walmart Out. They battled for 20 years before Walmart finally won. To date, there are only 5 Walmart stores in the state.
4. It only takes 8-18 weeks to construct a new Walmart.
5. More Than 1 Million Walmart Associates to Receive Pay Increase in 2016.
Walmart & Target (U.S. stores) are visited each week by nearly half of the U.S. population. 3 insights to be part of the shopping experience.
According to Fortune magazine, Walmart is mentioned 60,000 times a day on social media, and the number of weekly shoppers at Walmart(6) and Target(5) (U.S. stores) is nearly equivalent to the combined populations of The United Kingdom, Italy, and Argentina.(10)
POP Displays Grabbing Brick-and-Mortar Consumer's Attention
The future of the retail industry is getting a digital twist with point-of-purchase (POP) displays.
Consumers are now making more in-store purchase decisions than before. Despite the popularity of online shopping, up to 90% of these purchasing decisions occur in-store because not everything is available online just yet. As a result, the pressure is on for marketers to look at who they are actually trying to contact and customize their strategy to convert their consumers from shoppers, to buyers--with a digital twist.